Daniel Tropin is a litigator who specializes in complex commercial cases and class action litigation. Daniel joined the law firm as a partner in 2024, and has a wealth of experience across the spectrum of litigation, including class actions, derivative actions, trade secrets, arbitrations, and products liability cases.
Daniel, a native Miamian, graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2012 before returning to South Florida. Prior to joining this firm, he was an associate at a major Miami law firm and then helped launch a new law firm in Wynwood.
Significant matters include:
- Represented a major homebuilder in an action against a former business partner, who had engaged in a fraud and defamation scheme to extort money from the client. Following a jury trial, the homebuilder was awarded $1.02 billion in damages. The award was affirmed on appeal.
- Representing plaintiffs in the In re Zantac MDL, where he was appointed by the Court to the Leadership Development Committee.
- Represented accountholders in dozens of class actions against credit unions and banks around the country based on the wrongful charging of fees.
- Represented plaintiffs in class actions nationwide against many other industries, including but not limited to the proprietors of a collapsed building, auto manufacturers, fish farming, business interruption insurance, auto insurance, mobile park owners, internet advertising, and other consumer product companies.
- Represented former military service members in the “3M Earplugs MDL litigation.”
- Represented a major real estate firm in high stakes litigation against allegations including fraud and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Represented the former president and CEO of a cruise line in a lawsuit against a major international venture capital conglomerate, travel, and entertainment company, suing for misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of a non-disclosure agreement, and breach of a partnership agreement.
- Represented the CEO of a rapid finance company in an action which successfully sought emergency injunctive relief to protect his interest in the company.
- Represented a medical supply distribution company in an action that involved allegations of misappropriation and breach of a non-circumvention agreement.
- Represented a mobile phone manufacturer and distributor in a multi-million-dollar dispute regarding membership interests in a Limited Liability Company, with claims alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a major liquor manufacturer in a products liability lawsuit arising out of an incident involving flaming alcohol.